Protect Your HVAC Systems & Save With Preventative Maintenance Plans
Autumn in the Clayton and Raleigh, NC, areas means falling leaves, family fun and cool temperatures right around the corner. As the seasons change, preparing your HVAC systems for unpredictable weather should be at the top of your list. Island Breeze is here to help! This blog will walk you through the importance of HVAC maintenance plans, how they can help you save and how to find the right one for your needs.
Don't overlook your home's comfort this fall! Keep reading to learn more about keeping your system running smoothly all season long.
What Happens If You Don't Schedule Fall HVAC Maintenance?
After months without running your heating system, it may not be in the same shape it was last year. Wear, tear and exposure to the elements can all do a number on the equipment, especially outdoor units. If your heating system isn't maintained before you put it to work in the fall, it may not perform as it should.
Neglecting maintenance can lead to:
- Reduced Efficiency - The longer your equipment goes without an inspection or tune-up, the less efficiently it will run. It will have to work harder to heat your home, increasing energy consumption.
- Higher Heating Costs - Inefficient systems waste energy and skyrocket utility costs. Maintaining your system in the fall will ensure proper energy usage through the colder months and lower costs.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality - Through the spring and summer months, your HVAC systems may build up dust, allergens and pollutants. Without annual maintenance, these contaminants will circulate through your home and reduce the indoor air quality.
- Shortened Lifespan - Underlying problems not caught by an annual inspection can exacerbate wear, tear and damage, leading to premature replacements.
How HVAC Maintenance Protects Your System
The best way to prepare your HVAC systems for cooler weather is by scheduling preventative maintenance. Having a professional stamp of approval that your system is ready to run will give you the peace of mind you deserve for a stress-free fall.
Benefits of scheduling maintenance include:
- Greater Energy Efficiency - Regular maintenance ensures that your HVAC systems operate at peak efficiency and consume less energy to heat your home in the fall. That means lower energy bills despite the weather.
- Fewer Repairs & Breakdowns - Preventative services from a professional are designed to catch any small problems early on before they become a major expense. Repairing minor issues also helps avoid system breakdowns that leave you stranded in the cold.
- Consistent Comfort & Safety - When your HVAC equipment is well-maintained, it will have no problem keeping your home at a comfortable temperature. Preventative maintenance also checks for safety issues to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide leaks and other hazards.
- Extended Lifespan - The more TLC you give your system, the longer it's likely to run. On average, well-maintained furnaces can last 15-20 years so you can make the most of your investment.
- Warranty Compliance - Many HVAC warranties require proper maintenance at least once a year. Scheduling service and enrolling in a maintenance plan ensures your system is covered.
The Convenience Of HVAC Maintenance Plans
Enrolling in a maintenance plan is your ticket to a cozy, efficient and cost-effective fall! These plans take the hassle out of remembering to schedule service and come with many perks for members.
Becoming a maintenance club member with a reputable HVAC company also helps you establish a relationship with a provider you trust. If you run into any heating and cooling issues throughout the year, you will have the convenience of knowing just who to call.
HVAC maintenance is a must - why not make the most of it by enrolling in a plan that helps you save and keeps your system running efficiently all year long?
Finding The Right Plan For Your Home
Many HVAC companies offer maintenance plans, but every plan will be different. These service agreements may come with a few options, depending on the provider.
What to look for in an HVAC maintenance plan:
- Thorough system inspections, either annually or bi-annually.
- Convenient scheduling options that work with your needs.
- Membership perks like discounts and priority service.
- Multiple payment scheduling options that fit your budget.
- The option to add additional systems to your plan.
Any maintenance plan you choose should maximize your comfort, convenience and savings. When in doubt, ask for more details about which plan would best suit your home's needs. An HVAC professional will be happy to help you understand their choice of plans so you can make the best decision and become a member.
Join The Island Breeze Family Today!
At Island Breeze, we are all about keeping your home comfortable and helping you save. We're proud to offer preventative HVAC maintenance plans that take the stress out of preparing for changing weather. Our plans are billed annually or monthly for your convenience and include thorough tune-ups to keep things running smoothly year-round.