With the temperatures in North Carolina starting to warm up, How should you change your home air filters? Once a month? Whenever you see dust building up on the vent? Change of season is a great time to take out your old filters and replace them with new filters.
There are several benefits to home air filter HVAC maintenance, so mark your calendar and change those air filters regularly!
Clean Indoor Air
As you can imagine, your air filter collects all kinds of dust, spores, hair, dander, and other particles that get pumped through your air conditioning system. You don’t want to breathe that stuff in or have it floating in your air.
Take stock of your current indoor air situation:
- Does your house seem fairly dusty?
- Do you have pets?
- Do several people live in the house?
These are all reasons to change your air filter more often. It’s wise to check them once a month at least.
The more dust that gets caught in your air filter means the less in your house.
- Changing your air filter regularly can help cut down on dust and hair on your floors, shelves, etc.
This could save you time and energy when cleaning the house!
- The reverse is also true; the more often you vacuum and dust, the less buildup you’ll have in your air filters.
Better Health & Seasonal Allergy Relief
Cleaner indoor air can also help improve allergies and asthma.
- If you suffer from congestion, itchy nose, or difficulty breathing, try changing your air filters more often or considering a home filtration system.
Home air filter maintenance has helped many people sleep easier at night!
Improved HVAC System Efficiency
Last but certainly not least, regularly changing your air filters helps your HVAC system perform more efficiently! If you’ve noticed your home not cooling or heating as well, as usual, check the filter before calling an HVAC contractor.
- Changing your air filter regularly can help your system last longer and need less maintenance.
- Plus, it will save you money on your energy bill.
Keep things running smoothly with regular home air filter maintenance.
How We Can Help?
Island Breeze HVAC recommends regular air filter change to keep your home and HVAC system running smoothly.
If you want to further improve your indoor air, consider installing a home filtration system. We are well equipped to handle this service and any air conditioner repair or maintenance services you may need in North Carolina.